Monthly(sort of) update
It’s been a while but I have been working, slowly. I participated in a seconds sale that helped the local library and left me with cash in pocket and some nice feedback. I bought some new glazes that I hope to try(one of them is gold!) Also finishing up a project.
I don’t get to personal on this blog(in spite of all the I’s),don’t know who might be reading it. Some things family and friends don’t need to hear. Obviously I like some attention or I wouldn’t be maintaining a public blog in the first place.
A project i am finishing up has been a little sad. Potters get them. Cremation urns for example. Did not have to do that but I did promise my daughter I would make plant pots for the flowers around her father’s grave.
I was widowed a little over 2 years ago. He had some medical problems that didn’t get better. It escalated quickly and at 55 for me and 22 for my daughter, he died. I couldn’t come up with the words for the eulogy so my daughter did it. It all went well, for a funeral.
Since then we have been maintaining his grave and the flowers, geraniums and thyme have done well. So I have been making pots for them. It has been interesting. I found with large pots, soft clay is better. I was able to get the walls thinner. Firing was itself an adventure since sometimes the pots were neither thin enough or dry enough.Once firing while a useful tool, doesn’t wok if there is an air pocket or slight dampness. It was explosive! Here are the examples of my progress. Haven’t done the next firing yet,
but this time they should be dry.